Monday, May 19, 2008

Entering a new realm

After we left the enchanted woods and walked diligently through the fields you know, Alveric wished to contact his father and impress upon him the value of my person. He stopped in the first inhabited village we came upon and entered a modest building with a parking lot filled with bright shiny vehicles and carriages of unknown age. Inside, people were clacking away on keyboards and staring myopically into colored screens. Others, were seeking to read tales of heroes or find answers to unanswerable questions. Here, Alveric introduced me to one of the twenty three challenges: Learning to blog. Alveric became enchanted with this task and joined the other humans clacking away and humming excitedly to himself. He waved his hand in the direction of one of the colored screens and motioned for me to begin.

Where was this promised assistance with the magic of man? After much trepidation, I registered for a place called google and created a name for my writings. I explored the joy and beauty of a place called Flickr and to my dismay discovered my google account had been disabled. Alveric had promised Earth was a friendly place filled with kind people. However, I navigated through the help screens on google and typed in my troubles into the help box to no avail. Fortunately, I chose to take the path of least resistance and registered for google again. What is the value of this blogging in a public place called a library? Perhaps to share joy as Alveric seemed to be with his father. Perhaps to aid in selecting a grand tale of an itinerant heroine or to display books of knowledge to other humans wandering this electronic world. Perhaps to entreat humans to leave the electronic world and enter the doors of a modest library to engage in lifelong learning. I shall have to give this place some more consideration....

No comments: